This hand on course introduces senior level students to Single Board Computers (SBCs) running Linux OS. Students will learn how to install tools, run, and develop apps to run on these embedded systems.
Students should have at least basic knowledge related to computer architecture and programming skills. This course is meant for those desiring to gain advanced skills necessary for:
- Understanding how Single Board Computers became feasible
- Developing apps on top of Linux OS
- Using SBCs interface to external devices
- Making use of embedded computers to solve real problems
- Learning the essential steps needed to solve an engineering problem
- Learning how to take a simple project from initial specs to a completely working prototype