Admission Criteria For Postgraduate Degrees
All applicants must satisfy the AOU admission requirements for graduate studies which include:
MBA - Admission Requirements
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or an equivalent degree as evaluated by the Ministry of Higher Education.
- Applicants should have a minimum of three years of relevant professional experience.
- A minimum GPA on of 2.5 in the undergraduate degree.
MSc - Admission Requirements
- A bachelor’s degree (BSc) in Information Technology related subjects from an accredited institution or an equivalent degree as evaluated by the Ministry of Higher Education
- A minimum GPA of 2.33, from AOU or any other recognized university.
- Applicants having a BSc degree from other subjects (mathematics, physics or business computing) should complete additional 12 credit-courses from the BSc information technology and computing (ITC) programme before starting the MSc programme. This would be essential to confirm that applicant has the necessary underpinning knowledge and understanding to undertake the MSc.
- Applicants should have an overall score of 6.5 in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or an overall score of 550 in the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) in the Paper-Based Test (PBT) or the equivalent score of 230 in the Computer-Based (CBT) TOEFL Test or an overall score of 85 in the Internet Based Test (IBT). (Student is allowed to register under the condition that he/she will provide the university with the TOEFL or IELTS certificate within 6 months from the date of registration.)
Required Documents for Admission for graduate studies
- Application Form
- Equivalence of the Bachelor’s degree by the Lebanese Ministry of Higher Education.
- Official Transcripts
- Work Resume (CV)
- TOFEL/IELTS Test Scores for MSc applicants
- A copy of the Identity card or Passport
- Three (3) recent passport size, colored photos
- Application fee of 65 USD *