Diploma in Special Education – Learning difficulties
The Arab Open University is an independent institution for open higher education, aiming to contribute to the service of the Arab community by providing opportunities for self-learning and lifelong learning.
With this program, the university seeks to be a learning center that provides training opportunities, and qualifies qualified individuals and teachers to deal with cases of learning difficulties that have increased dramatically in all schools.
The diploma in special eduction- learning difficulties, is a program with (21) credits, aims to:
Develop awareness and positive attitudes, and develop students’ knowledge, skills and values needed to specialize in teaching students and youth with special educational needs, with a focus on learning difficulties.
Preparing experts scientifically and professionally qualified to provide the best services to students in the field of special education, the category of learning difficulties, through:
- Providing students with the necessary knowledge and skills to deal with people with special needs.
- Developing awareness and ethical and humanitarian attitudes towards people with special needs.
- Providing students with the theoretical and practical professional skills necessary to rehabilitate people with special needs.
Who can benefit from this program:
- Teachers who plan to participate in teaching students with learning difficulties in private schools in Lebanon.
- Teachers who want to learn how to accommodate and integrate students with learning disabilities into their regular classrooms or other educational settings.
- Trainee teachers working in learning environments other than school, who want to be trained on how to deal with children with learning difficulties.
- Parents who are interested in dealing with their children with learning difficulties.
Duration of study:
The duration of the study is one academic year (three semesters maximum), provided that the maximum number of hours is 12 hours per semester.
Basis of acceptance:
Accepted candidates: Lebanese Degrees or equivalent
- BA in Education
- BA in Psychology / Guidance and Counseling
- BA in Sociology
- BA / BS holders in Subject Matter Teaching + 5 years Teaching Experience
- Holders of a BA in Arabic Language and Teaching Methods
- Holders of a bachelor's degree in English language and teaching methods
- Holders of a Bachelor's degree in Mathematics and Teaching Methods
- Holders of a Bachelor's degree in Science and Teaching Methods