Arab Open University’s Faculty of Business Studies (FBS) is non-traditional in approach, creative in application, and unique in perspective. FBS is the Arab World’s most comprehensive Blended learning business school, offering the full spectrum of business and management education options from single courses to bachelor’s and master’s degrees- all delivered with the flexibility, accessibility and quality that students expect from AOU leading blended learning university. The FBS prepares students for careers through British educational experience consolidating top notch scholarly challenge and ethical professional practice.
The FACULTY OF BUSINESS STUDIES AIMS TO:
- Provide students with the knowledge to succeed in their chosen field and ensure the development of skills in problem solving, ethical decision making, communication, teamwork, and leadership.
- Increase students' abilities and confidence to handle managerial, financial and administrative activities.
- Enable students understand how key forces like the economy, the state and the system influence and interact with business.
- Teach students how to apply the most recent and innovative developments in systems thinking to areas such as information systems, organizational change and professional practice.
- Acquire and provide knowledge about the different approaches to the analysis and explanation of business problems; how to set targets and plan how to achieve them.
- Attract and retain faculty dedicated to education, scholarship and the mission of the FBS.
- Attract and develop outstanding students who are dedicated to intellectual excellence.
- Produce primarily basic research with supporting efforts in applied and pedagogical research that contributes to and complements the mission of AOU.
- Develop the skills of independent learning through activities of face to face and distance learning.
- Provide opportunities for continued involvement, education, and professional growth of its graduates.
1) Bachelor of Arts (BA) -Business Studies
This programme provides general understanding of business organisations, their key elements and wider considerations. Students will be able to analyse how businesses develop strategies, handle risk and take decisions, and they will have an insight into essential business functions such as marketing, accounting and finance. They will have relevant and practical skills, numerical studies, thinking and accountancy skills.
The degree in each track is an innovative and accessible introduction to the world of business that equips students to follow a number of career paths:
2) Master 's in Business
Our internationally recognised MBA is a career development programme for those who have significant relevant post-graduation work experience. The main emphasis of the programme is on leadership through strategic management. While the academic level is masters, there is a strong practical and professional orientation to the curriculum. With an international emphasis and global reputation, our MBA programme is highly attractive for all ambitious executives. It is provided through the below tracks: