Microfinance has been playing a significant role in today’s economy. Since the late 1970s, Microfinance institutions have been helping poor households and low income entrepreneurs who have been excluded from the banking system and that by providing financial facilities and services such as microcredits, loans, insurance, savings and other non-financial services such as training, financial Consultancy Services and awareness-raising.
In this regard, the Arab Open University (AOU- Lebanon) is pleased to announce the International Conference on Microfinance – Challenges and Opportunities which will be held on the 30th of April, 2018 in Beirut, Lebanon. The Arab Open University has always been the pioneer in disseminating updated information about recent studies related to various fields among which Microfinance. The international conference aims to provide the current developments in the area of microfinance and other related topics.
Submitting a Paper
Authors will receive an email informing them that the abstract has been selected for submission as a paper. This email will confirm the date for returning of full paper. The final date will not be extended. Earlier submissions are encouraged. This is of particular importance if authors need a visa to attend the conference
Below is a summary for submitting full paper, PhD paper or Work-in-Progress. Please follow these guidelines to ensure your paper is reviewed.
- Submission Rules for Papers
At the time of submission, submitted papers must not have been previously presented or scheduled for presentation at any other conference. Moreover, submitted papers must not have been published or accepted for publication in any journal.
The entire paper submission (title page in Title Case, abstract, main text, figures, graphs, tables, references, etc.) must be in ONE document created in one of the following compatible formats:
- Microsoft Word (.doc, .docx)
- Rich Text Format (.rtf)
- Use Times New Roman 12-point font, double spaced, 1-inch (2.5 cm) margin all around, and 8.5" × 11" page setting. References may be single spaced.
- Be sure to number all of the pages of the paper.
- Make sure that the file or document uploaded is virus-free prior to submitting.
If any of the above guidelines and formatting instructions are not met, the submission will NOT be reviewed.
- Microfinance challenges in developing countries
- Gender issues in Microfinance
- The social impact of microfinance
- Information and communication technology in microfinance
- Consumer Behavior and Microfinance
- Regulation and policy issues in microfinance
- Ethical issues in microfinance
- Microfinance and pro-poor banking systems
- Transfers and payment facilities in microfinance
- The non-profit economy and microfinance
- Investment and governance of microfinance
- Microfinance and entrepreneurial activities
- Microfinance and discrimination
For any queries you might have, please contact us via our phone (00961-76-706909) or our email at MF.Conference@aou.edu.lb