For Bachelor's and Master’s degrees:
- A student is considered dropout of the semester if he didn't register any course during this semester.
- The dropout semester is counted as part of the maximum study duration allowed unless the student provides a convincing excuse to the Rector.
- A student should not be dropped out for more than three continuous or interrupted semesters.
Exit awards for Master’s degrees:
A Masters' Student who completes two thirds of the Masters' program at the Arab Open University and wishing to dropout, is eligible to request a Masters' Exit Award (Certificate) from The Open University – UK under the following conditions:
- The Masters’ student will not be able to complete the same program later on after requesting and receiving the Exit award
- The MAsters' Student will not be able to repeat the same track but he will be able to enroll in other Masters’ programs