The Mission of the Admission, Registration and Examination department is to foster student academic progress by ensuring the proper maintenance of academic records from the first contact with student to graduation from the University.
The department's major objectives include establishing and managing accurate student academic records; providing efficient, knowledgeable, and respectful delivery of services related to those records; and implementing and enforcing professional and institutional regulations related to academic records in a fair, honest and consistent manner.
The Goals of the Admission, Registration and Examination department are to:
- Preserve all university student academic records.
- Update student records with all aspects toward degree completion.
- Maintain liaison with other units/departments within the University.
- Advise the Rector on all matters relating to the operation and concerns of the Registrar's Office.
- Clarify university academic policies to students and academic staff.
- Support and serves current and former students with integrity and equity.
- Coordinate the evaluation and recording of all transfer course credit.
- Work with academic departments to develop course equivalency documents.
- Maintain liaison with Registrar's Offices of all AOU branches.
- Issue enrollment verifications, enrollment certifications and transcripts.
- Consult with the HQ to prepare, implement and distribute the Academic Calendar.
- Work collaboratively with other units to determine the academic status of students and assist in resolving complex student issues.
- Work with academic advisors and faculty to provide related early alert information about students so that early responses can be provided to increase the likelihood of student retention and student success.
Teaching and evaluation are the two sides of a coin. The department plays a key role in the evaluation part and its primary functions are to:
- Preparing Examination Time table, seating plans for the students in the Examination halls.
- Mobilizing the proper staff during the Examination time, and assigning them duty as per the institution regulations.
- Taking necessary steps for distribution of Answer booklets and Exam questions to students before Exams' start and colleting these back at the end of Exams to be delivered to Head Proctors and Course Coordinators.
- Making sure of the smooth conduct of Examinations.
- Keeping all records pertaining to examinations.