Admission Requirements for graduate studies
All applicants must satisfy the AOU admission
requirements for graduate studies
For the MBA programme
• A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution or an equivalent degree as evaluated by the Ministry of Higher Education.
• Applicants should have relevant professional experience.
• A minimum GPA on of 2.5 in the undergraduate degree.
- MBA applicants are required to sit for an English placement test. The test results do not affect the admission decision but help place the candidate at the appropriate language level.
N.B students with an evidence of a minimum score of 6.5 for IELTS, or 575 on the paper based TOEFL, 500 for the TOEFL ITP or 85 for the internet based TOEFL will be exempted from the English placement test (for the test scores to be valid they should have been obtained within the past 2 years)
-MBA applicants coming from a non-business background should complete 16 cr. as remedial courses (REM1 and REM2).
For the MSc Programme
• Applicants should have a BSc in Information Technology related subjects with a minimum GPA of 2.5, from AOU or any other recognized university. Applicants having a BSc degree from other subjects (mathematics, physics or business computing) should complete additional 12 credit-courses from the BSc information technology and computing (ITC) programme before starting the MSc programme. This would be essential to confirm that applicant has the necessary underpinning knowledge and understanding to undertake the MSc.
• Applicants should have an overall score of 6.0 in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or an overall score of 550 in the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) in the Paper-Based Test (PBT) or the equivalent score of 213 in the Computer-Based (CBT) TOEFL Test or an overall score of 80 in the Internet Based Test (iBT).(Student is allowed to register under the condition that he/she will provide the university with the TOEFL or IELTS certificate within 6 months from the date of registration.)
Required Documents for Admission to graduate studies
- Application Form
- Equivalence of the Bachelor’s degree by the Lebanese Ministry of Higher Education.
- Official Transcripts
- Work Resume (CV)
- TOFEL/IELTS Test Scores for MSc applicants
- A copy of the Identity card or Passport
- Three (3) recent passport size, colored photos