Certificate in Social Media & Digital Marketing
The certificate in Social Media and Digital Marketing is designed to give professionals and practitioners the knowledge, skills, and abilities to succeed as marketing professionals in the social media era. Covering theory and practice, the curriculum is designed in a way to emphasize the fundamentals of planning and market research using social media as a powerful tool for today's rapidly changing marketing landscape.
1. Certificate Overview & Objectives
The certificate in social media is designed to give professionals and practitioners the knowledge, skills, and abilities to succeed as marketing professionals in the social media era. Covering theory and practice, the curriculum is designed in a way to emphasize the fundamentals of planning and market research using social media as a powerful tool for today's rapidly changing marketing landscape.
2. Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the certificate, students will be able to:
- Master social media communication principles and platforms.
- Implement an effective and comprehensive social media campaign.
- Apply strategies and tactics to real social media projects
3. Admission requirements
However, the content of the program requires trainees to:
- Have at least a minor experience or fundamental knowledge of marketing campaigns and common social media platforms (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube…)
- Have good working knowledge in English since all courses are taught in English.
For Inquiries about admission and how the certificate can improve work performance and career development opportunities send email to: email@example.com
The Tuition fees amount of Diploma in social media and digital marketing developed by the Faculty of Business at the Arab Open University is 450 USD *. In addition to 20 USD * registration fees a 20 USD * application fees. Trainees should pay 50% upon registration and 50% by week 4. A penalty of 20 USD * will be applied in case payments are not made within the above mentioned deadlines
In addition to a tutorial face to face weekly meetings and for the purpose of securing wider access, the program is offered within an e-learning platform. Using a multi-instructional context, the aim is to reach the learning outcomes using online technologies that map each participant’s learning style and by the use of non-linear teaching, the program aims to develop learners’ practical skills.
The methodology and mode of delivery comprise:
- 30 hours of face to face applied tutorials
- An interactive e-learning package which includes assigned readings, video lectures, live online sessions, animated power point slides with examples, practical exercises, self-assessment, online tests, and application case studies
- Online discussion forms to share knowledge and exchange ideas about module content.
- Individualized support for each participant based on their profile.
6. Studying & Assessment
The teaching and evaluation methodology employed is through traditional face to face or video conferences lectures. The final course grade is based on a final exam and continuous assessments throughout the Diploma (quizzes, assignments, presentations and projects). All courses are offered on a pass /fail basis.
7. Networking opportunities
The course offers participants the opportunity to link with and connect with other participants and experts in the field.
8. Target Audience
The Certificate in social media is open to anyone who is interested in pursuing a career or gain knowledge in social media/ social media marketing.